12 years ago
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Surgery Day 2
Nathaniel came through the surgery beautifully. His heart started right back up after being on the bypass machine. There was some concern about the amount of bleeding and so they left his chest open. I would post pictures but we only took some for him to see when he's older, it was hard to see his little body in such a condition. His right leg has also been of concern due to no pulse and deep purple color. BUT....Today the bleeding has slowed enough that he is currently in surgery getting his chest closed and his leg is much better in color. With his heart being closed we are back to where we started yesterday after the initial surgery. They will be monitoring his heart and every other part of his body very closely making changes to his medications and fluids as needed. There is a pulse now in the upper part of his leg and they're still hopeful to find one in his foot. The doctor's will be monitoring this leg very closely too. We continue to be blessed and take one miracle and one set back at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I am so excited to come see you guys and see my new nephew... I am especially thankful for how well everything is going!! I love you guys and can't wait to see you tomorrow!!!
Our prayers are still with you.
Our prayers are with yall and I'm glad he is doing good!
Hi,
This is Bryson Quinneys mom. Just checking in to see how things are. Boy does it bring back a flood of memories. I am glad to see that he is progressing. You guys are in are prayers. How blessed we are to know that our Father in Heaven has is had in all things and is mindful of each of us. Hang in there. I am here if you ever need to talk.
Jennylin
Thank you for keeping us all updated. There are a lot of people concerned about your son and your family. Thanks, and good luck!
So glad things are going fairly well so far! It's WONDERFUL that you guys were able to hold him and spend that time with him! Good luck with all that will come and we will keep praying for you all! Thank you for keeping us updated!
We want you to know how much we love and miss your family and our prayers are always with you! Tell the girls we love them and and that Oakley and Kara said hello!!
Randie
Post a Comment