12 years ago
Monday, December 29, 2008
Surgery #1
I am currently looking out the window at the Houston skyline from the Ronald McDonald House Family Waiting Area. Instead of being born today Nathaniel is having his first surgery today. This surgery is called the Norwood and is the first of three surgeries that Nathaniel will have by the time he is 3. Each surgery will build on the next to get the heart rerouted so that all of the blood is processed through the right ventricle. The Norwood is supposed to be the most difficult. It is very scary and overwhelming to put your baby in the care of others but knowing that he is also in the care of a loving Heavenly Father gives James and I comfort and we believe Nathaniel as well. The surgery will take about 6-8 hours. The anesthesiologist came for him about 8:00 this morning. The surgery was to start at 9:00. I got the first update at 11:00, they have made the incision and are preparing to put him on the bypass machine. I'll get the next update in a couple of hours and will update the blog as well. Keep praying for Nathaniel please.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Audry,
Just got back form visiting my family (last night late) so I thought I would check the blog and see if Nathaniel had been born yet. What a surprice to see where things are at this morning. I'm so very glad that he was born healthy and you were able to hold him. We are praying for him and you. Hope all goes well with the surgery.
Adriana
I'm so glad to hear things are going well. The pictures are beautiful. What a little sweetie! And you look great. Continued prayers headed your way...
Post a Comment