Nathaniel continues to improve! He is now trying at least 4 bottles a day and is up to 53cc by mouth. There is a catch 22...when a baby starts eating they use a lot of energy and instead of gaining weight they can lose weight. Nathaniel is losing weight, so the doctors are now giving him 70cc over 1 hour 8x/day. So I give him a bottle and whatever he doesn't take by mouth he gets by feeding tube. The doctors are very happy with the improvements he's making and once he can take more by mouth and gain weight we'll get to take him home. It could be as soon as this week maybe next week. We'll keep y0u updated.
Answers to some questions....Nathaniel is still right around 8 lbs. He is wearing newborn size but they're almost too small. I'm feeling good. James work is being very cooperative so that we're able to take turns at the hospital.
1 comment:
We are glad thngs are looking up. I check up on your blog everyday to see if theres any news. Hope all is well
We love you guys
Depeels
Post a Comment