Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Alphabet Summer-A & B

Journaling for posterity sake...Making memories with our children has become very important to me. The problem is that I'm afraid that I'll forget too many of the things we do together and my scrapbooking efforts are not currently at the top of the list. We are doing an Alphabet Summer again. It's a little more relaxed this year.
Clarissa's architecture was a lot like the leaning
tower of Pisa.

Marinda's work of art, "a bell house". The pink star in the center is to be
 hit as a bell for school Yes she is in her pjs, as is everyone else,
we did this activity as a nighttime treat.  

Nathaniel's marshmallow Kabobs. He made quite a few
and was one of the first to enjoy the flavor of our building efforts
Elisabeth's didn't really stand on it's own but that was
okay because then they could be eaten sooner. :)


I don't know how to rotate the picture-Oh well. This was
the menu for the Ashby Diner this time.
For "A" we had Alien pancakes for breakfast. The children did an Alphabet Scavenger Hunt while food was being prepared at the Ashby Diner for dinner. We also learned a little about Architecture and tried it out ourselves. I gave everyone the beginnings to make their own Acrostic poems...I haven't seen any finished products yet :(.





"B" has been an ongoing letter. We have gone blueberry and blackberry picking. We had breakfast in biscuits. We went to Bouncing Bears, watched A Bee Movie (more than enough times for the entire summer), Baked Blueberry Breakfast Cake (so yummy! We'll make it again for sure.), had BBQ burgers for dinner and had fun with bubble snakes. The bubble snakes were so much fun they took them to a friends house the next day to share.

1 comment:

Bret and Amy said...

I have to teach letter C and was coming for more ideas. You forgot to keep updating! I do miss you and wish you were still here.