Monday, August 30, 2010

Alphabet Summer

So it's driving me crazy that I didn't post the rest of our alphabet summer. We did finish it and the girls are again looking forward to it again next year. Next summer it shouldn't be so rushed and we're going to change things up again so it stays fun and interesting for all of the children.

I-Ice cream sculptures, Italian Chicken, I love to see the Temple
J-Jambalaya (they actually liked it!), Journals
K-Kix, Kids in the Kitchen (they fixed their own lunches), three little Kittens puppet show (I recorded it), Key Lime Pie
L-Leftovers for Lunch, Lemon Pudding
M-Marble Slab, Martinez's baptism, Mimi's Chicken, Macaroni & cheese, Milk, Music, Maps
N-No Bake Cookes, Noodles, Numbers, skillet Nachos
O-Octopus & Seaweed (Marinda refused to eat this no matter how many ways I tried to explain that it was hot dogs and colored noodle soup), Ocean, Opposites (we talked in opposites for about an hour a couple of different times during the day)
P-Pancakes, Popcorn, Pipe cleaner art, Peanut butter & apples, Pop beads, Pasta, Pickup Playroom (way overdue)
Q-Quick, quesadillas, Quiet Time (YEAH!!!), Quick pork chops & rice
R-Rock Candy (it finally worked!), Rest Time (YEAH!!!), Ramen, egg Rolls, Rice, watched Robots, Roll-a-Score tournament, wore Red, Rainbow cake
S/SH-Spaghetti, States, Silly Sally (one of our favorites), Spy Kids, Sky High (another fave), Shrimp, Salad, Sealants (Elisabeth was at the dentist again), milkShakes
T/Th-We did T Today & Tomorrow, Tangrams, Tuna steaks, Toe, Taco, Time, Times Table
U-Up movie, lunch Under the table
V/W-Water Balloon Volleyball with Family, Vegetables, Vacuum, Watermelon
X/Y-Yoga, Yogurt (sound of X)
I found a great kit at Seagull with masks, window clings, music and prep for a zoo trip. The girls really had a lot of fun with it

No comments: