Sunday, June 13, 2010

Alphabet Summer #2

School is out and it's time for some fun!!! I wasn't sure that I was going to do a complete alphabet summer this year but Elisabeth started asking about it in April so I figured I needed to do it. We kicked it off by going to the zoo the day after school got out. I had hoped that this would be our "A" day (a is for animals and it's too hot to do z is for zoo in August), but Elisabeth wouldn't have it! Soooo I changed the plan again. I'm learning patience and flexibility this summer :) Something else I'm doing this summer is having each of the girls make a book for this summer. Each morning they write sentence or two on handwriting paper and draw a picture about what we did the previous day. My thinking is that they get handwriting practice, art and they're keeping a journal. Marinda practices the letter of the day, her name and draws a picture. So far they're really enjoying it. I haven't taken as many pictures this year because I keep forgetting, nothing's been really picture worthy (except the zoo) and we've been busy!

A-Apple Jacks for breakfast, Apple Stamping, Avocado
B-Breakfast, Blueberry Picking, Banana Bread, Bean Burritos for lunch, Black Bean Pie for dinner and we watched Beauty and the Beast
C-Circle Art (these will go in their journals), Crescent shape, cantaloupe, carrots, corn on the cob, cardiologist, clean out car, creamy chicken salad for dinner
D-Dentist (this fit in nicely), Double Dave's with Daddy for lunch, Donuts, Dinosaur Train, Dinosaur word search, Disney Store (return), card for Daddy (Father's Day)
E-Eggs & sausage for breakfast, Exercise, Egg rolls and Edamame for lunch, Elders for Dinner

We're having a lot of fun and we are staying VERY busy. It's amazing how many doctor appointments we've had and will have this week it has worked nicely with the alphabet-hee hee. This week will be a little harder and the girls have been warned that they're going to have to be flexible about how we fit the alphabet in to what needs to be done. F on Flag day will be great though.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

You are so great! If I were a better parent, (or had all my kids all summer), I would totally copy this idea. Until then, I'll have to live vicariously through you! Awesome!

DeAnna said...

i just love you & your humor!! can't wait to see you guys!!