12 years ago
Sunday, June 13, 2010
6 Month Checkup
Nathaniel had his cardiology checkup this last week. Nothing much changed because all of the changes to meds and test were run when we were in the ER on May 21st. That was not how I had planned to spend that Friday night. We had noticed that he has been more blue more of the time so I decided to take him in for oxygen saturation check. I was hoping that I was just imagining things. I wasn't! His sats were 78. Usually he is around 86-88. Our Ped called the Card and he said go to TX Children's ER and get him checked out completely. So I took him downtown as soon as James could get home from work to be with the girls. We got down there about 5:30pm and they ran all of the tests (ie. echo, xrays, & ekg). The Fellow that was on that night couldn't find anything that would cause him to be so blue (he didn't have any other symptoms) so he we wheeled an echo machine into Nathaniels exam room and did the echo himself. Nathaniel hasn't had an echo since May of last year so he did a very thorough echo. Nathaniel was not holding very still so the Fellow had to try twice. (Of course I forgot the pacifier-UGH! This seems to happen everytime we're at the doctor.) The second time Nathaniel was so worn out that he fell asleep during the echo. It was about 11:00pm by the time the second echo was tried. The Fellow compared this echo with the last echo and didn't see anything to be concerned about. Nothing much had changed. In fact, he said that the function looked unchanged and perhaps a little better. I was so relieved. All the doctor's can figure is that because he is growing his heart and lungs isn't keeping up. One of his meds was increased at the ER that night. We were released and home by 2:30am. What a night! His card did change one more med this week and agreed with the Fellow. This won't change the original plan for Nathaniel's care he'll still need his next surgery around the age of 3-4. The card will just keep watching him and we'll watch his coloring and how quickly he tires and go from there. He is amazing! He does everything little boys do. He climbs on top of everything, drives his sisters to cry and laugh, loves to climb up the slide, take things apart, dump things out (especially dirt) and loves water! I'm so grateful that we get to enjoy him and that he his a part of our family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad that he's doing so well. Hopefully those episodes of desat's will go away. You're such a great mom!
Post a Comment