Saturday, March 13, 2010

63% Finally

So I've been "couponing" for about 2 months now. It's been fun, stressful, rewarding and I won't lie-time consuming. James has been very supportive, Marinda helps me cut the coupons, Clarissa and Elisabeth are my cart pushers and coupon handerovers. So I haven't been able to break my 49% savings on any of my receipts....until today. Today at Randall's I saved 63% YEAH!!!!! One picture is of my entire purchase including 22 boxes of cereal, a chuck roast, stew meat, hamburger, corned beef (St. Patty's day!), 5 boxes of granola bars, 5 boxes of fruit snacks, 4 cans Progresso Soup, 8 cans Campbells Healthy Choice Cream of Chicken, some fruit, some veggies, 4 sub sandwich kits, 3 bags of cheetos, 4 bags of Kettle chips and a couple other things.




The sub sandwich kits were marked down to $1.00 and I had 1 coupon for get $1.50 off 2=total $2.50 usually $4.29 each.

22 boxes of cereal (most of them somewhat healthy) averaged me $.84 each.

5 boxes of fruit snacks (with 3 box tops each) averaged $.60 each.

5 boxes of granola (we love the nut clusters) I made $.18 each-total they "gave" me $.90.

It's a fun game that I am still learning how to win. I've learned that I cannot count to 10 let alone 20 (that's why there are 22 boxes of cereal). I'm trying to build up our food storage but more so, because we already have a lot of food storage, I've been trying to build up our toiletries part of storage. I've found toothbrushes and toothpaste (namebrand) $.25-free. My favorite website is mylitterofsix.blogspot.com She is local but gets information from all over the country for stores that we don't even have here in the Houston area. Anyway...I'm doing all right!

4 comments:

DeAnna said...

Okay so how funny are you!! Every time I picture 22 boxes of cereal I just start laughing.... you're soooo funny. You guys are set for life! Just kidding. Well, you better learn all the secrets so you can teach me!! Keep sending those coupons my way that you aren't using!! Love ya!

Brooke said...

I need a tutorial! I'd love to get into it, but I'm not sure I have the time - or the patience.

Carol said...

Yay, you!!!
Where do you get coupons? Just the Sunday paper or online? Do you use a website (I found one the other day called krazycouponlady.com). I'd love to get started myself. Any tips are greatly appreciated. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I need to learn your process!