We also did a "staycation" this month and had a lot of fun. We went to Incredible Pizza (this is kind of like Chuck E Cheese but more like Mr. Gatti's), Splashtown, NASA and spent a day at home relaxing and catching up. It was great to do stuff together that was relatively close and to not feel rushed. If it didn't happen well we could do it another time. We even bought season passes to NASA.
Of course we're still doing our alphabet summer but that's a separate post.
And...I now have a calling too....I have been called as the 1st Counselor in the Young Women's. When the bishop asked all I could say was "WOW". The ladies in the presidency are great and I feel honored to get to serve with them and get to know them better. Both mine and James callings are demanding but we're doing good and making adjustments as needed. If you have any ideas for YW activities they would be greatly appreciated.
Clarissa and Elisabeth are doing really well in ballet and gymnastics. Clarissa will be starting the intensive ballet program (2 hours/week) and Elisabeth will be in pre-ballet II this fall. Both girls are advanced for their ages. Clarissa and Elisabeth have been doing gymnastics this summer which is new to both of them. They're doing great and have already advanced 2 levels and have been asked to attend the pre-team practices (3 hrs/week). There are cart-wheelers and forward rolls going on all over the house-the floor for Nathaniel is often not a safe place. Elisabeth likes to use the stairs to practice headstands and the couches and chair "are not gym equipment" but Elisabeth and Marinda don't agree...UGH! Clarissa has finished two of her piano books and has started learning some of the hymns for the Hymns Made Easy book. Marinda wants to start gymnastics but she's only going to do dance this fall and will have "preschool"once a week too. We're definitely going to be busy but classes have worked out so that we only have two busy nights.
4 comments:
I'm glad you are still doing well, we do miss you here. At least Jake is married now. That house will have more life soon enough. I love your alphabet summer. I really need to write all your ideas down.
Like I said to you on the phone... you're such a fun mom & I just hope that I can take after your example!! Love you guys!
How are you, Audrey? It looks like you have a few "mini-me's". Your girls are so cute. How is the little guy doing? He looks happy and healthy!
Take Care!
Wow what a fun summer! I love your ABC idea. I am going to have to use that sometime. I am glad to see that your little guy is doing so well. We go in next month for a EKG, xrays etc.. with our litte oops big guy. He will be 3 in October, crazy how time flies. You have a beautiful family.
Post a Comment