Friday, June 5, 2009

Too Long...

It's been too long since my last post so this post will probably be too long. We're all doing great and started summer on Friday. So far the girls are getting along and nobody has said they're bored-I'm sure it won't last long. For Memorial Day we went to Midland. We needed to get the Impala and bring it back and because it doesn't have a/c we needed to do it before the weather gets unbearable. It was a beautiful weekend and James was quite comfortable driving even without a/c. We had hoped to see a lot of our friends but because of the holiday weekend we only saw a few. I wish that we had been able to stay longer on Sunday to talk to more of our friends at church. We did make it Odessa to have Dr. Blanco meet Nathaniel. He is a great man/doctor and is blessed with a wonderful staff. The trip was a success...the girls had fun and Nathaniel survived a long car ride without too much fussing. It's wonderful when children think staying in a hotel and a long car ride with family is a fun vacation! 

Nathaniel is doing really well at least from the perspective that we can see. His coloring is good and he seems to be adjusting to his last surgery, his body temp is a little more regulated. We no longer have to wake him during the night for 3 hour feeds and he has started sleeping for 5-6 hours during the night-YEAH!!! We meet with his cardiologist this week and he will have an echo and xray so we'll know more then. His well baby checkup went well this week. He weighs 14lbs 3oz and is 26 inches long. Dr. Williams says that he is doing everything that a 4-5 month old should be doing. He is "talking" to us, rolling from back to tummy and tummy to back. He thinks his feet/toes are fun and can scoot himself around in circles while laying on his back. We're trying to work with him on sitting but know that this will take time. He just started "tummy time" again last week. We've even heard a giggle. We've got him scheduled for a circumcision later this month. He has to be put completely under so we have to get approval and will probably spend at least one night in the hospital. Nothing is normal or simple with this one. 

Marinda is almost 3 and acts it. I still don't believe in the "terrible twos" I think unpredictable  threes is more like it. She wants to do everything her sisters do, of course. She tries to be a helper for Nathaniel, which usually includes taking of his socks when his feet are cold and pulling out his pacifier because Nathaniel is happy. She tries hard and means well-what a sweetheart! Her smile and laugh are VERY contagious. We're trying to help her understand when to be quiet and when to be loud. She's loud everywhere except at the park and when she's trying to talk to you in the van from the backseat. She'll be starting a "preschool" every other week this summer with some children from church. The moms are going to be taking turns hosting. It will be good for her to have something to look forward to that is just for her.

Elisabeth really enjoyed preschool and is looking forward to starting Kindergarten in the fall. She loves to do workbooks but I have a hard time getting her to practice her letters. She LOVES to sing and has decided she is going to give me lessons-LOL! She is excited that she finally gets to start gymnastics and even more excited that we've found a gym where she and Clarissa will be in the same class. She loves her sisters and brother very much. She always wants to be with her big sister so being able to do at least this one thing together will be great-I hope! Elisabeth is also going to be starting ballet again. FYI, according to Elisabeth different foods shouldn't touch on your plate and your stomach has the ability to keep the foods separate once you've swallowed, your stomach is smart enough to put each food in a different place. She comes up with some doosies-I just wish I could remember them all. 

Clarissa is really glad to be out of school. She's been counting down-I just hope she isn't disappointed real soon because it could turn out to be a very long summer for her. She is taking piano lessons and doing very well. Her teacher gives her here songs on Wednesday Clarissa struggles a little on Thursday and by Friday she has them almost perfect. Yesterday I noticed when she was waiting for something that she was playing one of her songs on her leg. She picks up on everything she tries quickly. I think it will be hard for her come fall when she has to decide which activity she wants to continue. She and Elisabeth are both registered for ballet and gymnastics but Clarissa is also doing piano and will be doing a week long soccer camp. I'm sure she'll want to play soccer in the fall too. 

Audrey is trying to keep up with everyone. I want our children to have every opportunity to discover their talents but it is exhausting trying to make everything work and having enough time for family and for them to just be kids. I love being a mom and learn something new everyday. I'm reminded everyday of just how much patience is required in life. I'm excited to say that we've decided upon a deep freeze and will be getting it soon. Also, our "Pooh Bear" (dishwasher) will be leaving us soon. The rumbly in its tummy has driven me crazy long enough and now that it no longer wants to clean the dishes it's out of here! I have started a play group in our ward. We have only met twice but I think it's going to be great. I'm excited about the schedule I've got planned and even more excited to get to know some of the sisters and their children. I'm still trying to figure out if there are children Marinda's age. I feel like I'm finally getting on top of Nathaniel's needs and not having as many appointments gives me more time for everyone else. Our house is still coming along there are hardly any boxes laying around but still not much on the walls. I don't have a calling in church yet, not even VT, but we gave the bishop the okay last week-now I'm nervous.

James is AWESOME! He does so much for our family! A week ago Thursday he got a call from a member of the High Council for a meeting on Sunday. On Friday night he got a call from the ward Exec Secretary for a meeting with the Bishop on Sunday. I was nervous. When we got to the church on Sunday the High Councilman met with him to tell him that he was going to be released from the Elder's Quorum Presidency. Then one of the bishopric counselors took us into a room. He asked us to give the prayer in ward conference and to speak on Father's Day. I was thinking cool that was easy, we're done. We didn't realize that we still needed to meet with the Bishop, we thought that the counselor had been the appt we'd been called about. James is the new Ward Mission Leader. This is something we haven't done before and I'm sure it will be a great learning experience. James has been busy at work. He too is still trying to find a place for everything in our home. He's also started taking the girls on dates again which they really enjoy!

4 comments:

Jer & Cort Smith said...

Thanks for the update it sounds like everyone is doing really well. You guys are awesome parents your kids are really lucky. We are so excited to come visit in October the tickets are booked its just a matter of time.

Take Care,

Jeremy

Carol said...

Sorry to have missed you Memorial Day weekend. It sounds like y'all are doing great! What beautiful new family... Nathaniel looks a lot like Marinda, I think. Of course a tougher, manly version! It's so good to hear things are going well for you.

Katy said...

Phew! I don't know how you manage to keep up with it all, but I think you are amazing! It was so fun to see you all! Kayla keeps talking about how much fun she had a Chuck e Cheese. I really appreciate you inviting her and letting her have that time with the girls! I think it really helped ease some of her sadness of Elisabeth moving!
Sounds like you have a fun summer ahead!!

Emily said...

What a cute update! I had heard bits of info from Cortney, who is friends with my sister Heather. Your family is beautiful and I am amazed at the progress w/ your baby Nathaniel. He's doing so well. I just reconnected with Laura & Sydney. Syd lives in West Jordan and has 2 boys, and Laura is a teacher in CA with 2 (or 3?) boys. It's all crazy to see what everyone is up to! Email me when you get a chance... emilyhsummers@gmail.com