Monday, November 23, 2009

N-Z

So it's Monday night and I'm up cooking a turkey...don't ask why...I'm experimenting. Anyway, while I'm waiting I figure I'll post the rest of our Alphabet summer. There won't be any pictures right away (maybe never for blogging purposes) but I want to get it off my "to do" list, even though you probably don't even care now.

N-No Bake Cookies, Numbers, Nuggets, NASA
O-Opposites, Octopus, oatmeal, origami (they liked this one), on/off
P-Pudding Cookies, Park, Pictures (disposable cameras), Pretzel, Progresso Soup, Pickles, Pineapple, Popcorn, Peter Pan, Pioneer (P day was on Pioneer day and our Primary had an activity), Primary
Q-20 Questions (this happen everyday anyway we just did it formally), Quarter, Quesadilla
R-Row, Row, Row Your Boat, Red Riding Hood, Rectangles, Rubbings (trees, sidewalk, fence, etc with a crayon), Ravioli (not a big hit) Roast Beef Sandwiches, Race
S-5 Senses, Shop for School Supplies, Salmon, Sunkist, Spa Day, Sandwich, Sandart (kit from Hobby Lobby), Splashtown (big water park here), Steaks, Snickerdoodle, Spaghetti- We did S over at least 2 days because there were so many fun things to do.
T-Tepee (We have a little one that the girls like to get out and play in), Taquitos, Tacos, Teeter Totter, Temple, Time,
U-Underdog, Upside-Down Cake, Uncle
V-Vegetable, Vacuum
W-Waffle, Watermelon, Week, Weed, Wendy's
X-Food made into X (ie. pancakes, pretzels
Y-Yellow, Year, Yogurt (homemade)
Z-Zuchinni Bread, Zero (candy bar), Zia sausage, Zoom (movie), Zoo (it was tooooo hot on Z day so we had to postpone)

The alphabet summer was a success at our house and I plan on doing something like it again next year. I hope to do more with science experiments, shapes, numbers and senses... we'll all have to wait and see what happens.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Awesome post. You've inspired me to try that next Summer! Hope that you're all doing well.